12.20.2008

{ward Christmas party}

Eli is not pictured with Santa because he panicked, cried and lunged off of his lap the moment I put him down. Oh well, perhaps next year. Dean, on the other hand, loved Santa and couldn't wait to sit on his lap ... until Santa gave him a little goody bag. Then it was all about the candy (sorry Santa).

And remember our beautiful Temple gingerbread house that we built with our friends? Well, we were pretty proud of it until we saw this as we walked into the party... I guess the Bishop and his family decided to brave a temple too. A perfectly-to-scale, no-detail-overlooked type of temple. Isn't it pretty? Needless to say, we placed ours nearly as far away as possible so that the two could not be compared, and I think it looks pretty nice in the ward gingerbread village.



Here is Daddy barely clinging to his sanity after practically a whole two hours of chasing wiggles here, I mean Eli, around the cultural hall.
Here are the boys pictured in front of the gingerbread house that now inhabits my living room. Dean was so elated to be able to bring this home with him!
And last, but not least, Here is Eli getting his groove on with Dean's future wife, Madeline, helping him out. She'll be a good sister-in-law someday.

4 comments:

Juli and Brett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juli and Brett said...

That was me who deleted the comment by the way. Made a couple stupid typos and wanted to fix them! =)

I think yours is great! Each temple is beautiful and should never be compared! =) I love the last picture of Eli. He is so cute.

I wish I could meet your little boys and see you again. I miss having girl friends around to hang out with. I hang out with Brett's friends and enjoy it, but sometimes you just need some girl time!!

Mrs. Haynie said...

hi stephanie,
My name is sarah haynie (jenna's sister-n-law), and i LOVE your silouhettes (spelling?) that jenna showed me. and then lo and behold i check jenna's blog today and saw the one of hudson. and love it! what can i do to get pictures of me and my husband brian? PLEASE email me about your pricing, and how i can go about partaking of your amazing talents :)
sarah
sarahehaynie@gmail.com

Doublebanker said...

Great photos, looks like everyone behaved well with santa!