12.01.2008

{thanksgiving}


Devin brined the turkey this year and it was the BEST looking and tasting turkey I have ever had. I usually gravitate toward the dark meat only because I always feel like I will choke on the dry white meat, but in this beautiful brined bird even the white meat was super moist, juicy and flavorful. (I'm drooling just thinking about that first nibble I tried.)


In other news, there was apparently a study that was done a while back that proved the tryptophan found in turkey does not actually cause drowsiness after all. Well, Eli didn't get that memo. (I would like to point out that he has NEVER done this before so to that I say study schmudy.)


I forgot by the end of the night to get a group shot so I snapped these lame photos while everyone was vegging post-turkey for some Disney/Pixar Incredibles (it was on ABC Thanksgiving night).


Although, I don't think Mark (Devin's dad) was watching. It looks more to me like he was following Eli's lead and taking a quick tryptophan nap. Notice Dean trying to wake him up. Dean is very anti-naps.

2 comments:

Jason said...

i've never had a brined turkey. i've never even heard of it-- but it sounds good! those sleeping pics are so classic. nice.

Juli and Brett said...

Eli is the cutest boy ever!!! I love those sleeping pictures of him. My favorite pictures of my brother are ones where he fell asleep with his head in a plate of spaghetti. Hehe.