Okay, okay. It is day 4 and no new post, I know. This is why:
1 - I am potty training Dean. He is doing SO well. It's been 5 days with only 3 accidents total and he even taught himself to pee standing! What a guy!
2 - Our leaded glass in our mahogany front door broke which means someone can reach their arm through to unlock the inside if they try. Luckily we have an outer glass door that locks and an alarm system. It costs a lot to re-stabilize the leading and order new glass panels so we purchased a great new mahogany door on Craigslist and Dev's refinishing it. It has double-paned glass so it's MUCH better.
3 - I decided to use the garbage disposal as a means of disposing of some rice leftovers and since grains of rice are too miniature to chop in a disposal (oops), they just flew right down the drain and clogged our kitchen sink. This prevented us from draining either side or even using the dishwasher but is finally repaired thanks to some dollar-store Drano, a plunger, and 2 days worth of elbow grease on Dev's part.
4 - On the way out to get the stain for the door and the Drano for the drain, we hopped in my SUV and did a loop in our cul de sac before deciding, and I quote, "Whoa, that's messed up!". It was grinding, screeching, chugging and doing many other horrific broken-SUV type things. So it is on it's way to the shop on a Tow Truck as we speak.
But seriously, Dean is doing so well on the potty. I switched him to the normal potty instead of a potty chair on the floor and he has since excelled. We have only used a diaper for naps and bedtimes since Thursday. We even run errands in undies! (Although, that explains why one of the accidents was pee on the floor at Ross.) I can't wait until he is 100%. Any suggestions on tackling nap-time and bedtime pees and poops for a just-turned-two year old? I'm open!
3 comments:
My only obstacle with potty training is to remind Logan to tell whoever is watching him that he needs to go potty. We usually ask him, but his baby-sitters don't think to do that and he has had 2 accidents at our friends house. He also doesn't put any seats down to use the toilet. Which is fine when he pees (preferred actually), but he sits on the bare rim when he poops too! How uncomfortable!
WTG Dean! I don't have much advice since we haven't started potty training. (I'm waiting until Chan is completely ready) I wonder if naptime and bedtime are something that just come with time.
Thanks for the heads up on the rice - I always put rice down our disposal....maybe I won't be doing that anymore.
good job dean, but even better job to mom! it's definitely harder to train someone than to be trained. thomas was easy because i didn't have any other kids to take care of, so you really are doing a great job stephanie.
i don't try to do the staying dry while sleeping thing until they've really got a hang of it during the day. but as always, each kid is different, so you'll just have to see how it goes. good luck!
i hope your suv gets better soon :)
Post a Comment