8.22.2008

{ wife. mother. crafter. writer? }

Photobucket Anyone who knows me well, knows I am a crafter. People always ask me, "what are you working on now?" I am known for ALWAYS having a craft project and this love of creating is an immeasurable piece of who I am.

I adore every aspect of the creativity process: planning, making, revising, re-making and eventually marveling at my very own wonders. I love it so much, in fact, that I desperately yearn to pass it on to anyone I encounter. Often, when I have a friend or family member visit, I engage them in a project, whatever it may be, and soak in the joy of their company and the warmth of their satisfaction at a craft well done. I crave the moment that I can watch a new-found creator step back and admire something they did with their own two hands. There is nothing else like that feeling of overwhelming accomplishment and rejuvenated confidence as one peers at their own work. What delight I find in the simple phrase, "look what I just made." Everyone should experience such bliss.

The truth is, I would have majored in crafting in college if it was offered - and if I didn't love the professional world so darn much. Thus, I earned a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations instead and, to this day, love every ounce of what I have learned. I also spent time writing for my College Newspaper Publication, The Scroll, and very much enjoyed that - I even miss it.

For the past two years I have taken time away from my professional ambitions to focus on building the family I've always hoped for. Two sweet baby boys later, my husband and I constantly express our gratitude for the joys our little family brings to us both. Being a mother is the greatest gift in all the world and any chance of combining that with a job offering even the slightest peeks into the professional world would be a life of perfection for me. Especially if it was something like writing for a publication about the trade I love most: crafting.

4 comments:

Alli Worthington said...

We will be in touch soon! You are so talented. It would be am honor to have you in the Blissfully Domestic Family!

xoxo, Allison

Juli and Brett said...

Are you looking for a job then? Another project to work on? I think your crafts are amazing. Too bad you are so far away. I would love to come learn from the master!

Sara & Saylor said...

I am in awe at every project you post! You are amazing! I have a project for you.....make my blog cute! I have no idea how to do cute backrounds! I will totally pay you to make it cute! e-mail me and let me know what you think! Im so serious! sarajaneaz@hotmail.com

simply jami said...

we are so much alike, although your projects always turn out! Mine go unfinished and I burn out! I don't know how you do it all, but you are amazing! We need to craft sometime!