8.26.2008

{family photo attempt #2}

Well, I have been waiting for the typical August-monsoon rain to stop here so we could go out and try to get some photos done. It was supposed to rain at some point today ("supposed" being the operative word since I haven't seen a drop thus far) so we ran out around noon to try and beat it. Taking pictures at noon? NOT recommended by me. Although, no shadows to worry about, the glare posed a problem for poor little Eli. The sun was beaming off the top of his head as you can see in the photos.

It also didn't help that it was 95 degrees here today, which means it was about 435 degrees on the railroad tracks from all the metal reflecting the sun. After a piddly 10 minutes we were hopping back into the SUV, sweat dripping down, driving home to cool down. We gave up. So, this is as well as we could do - considering the treacherous, nearly unlivable conditions outside. We'll try again in November when it's only 85 degrees outside (wink).

2 comments:

The Bluths said...

Yeah that looks a lot better. Love it!

tiff snedaker said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself - they look great! I do like the soft touch on them though.