Eli is such a Daddy's boy. He is so ho-hum throughout the the day and only expresses bouts of excitement in four predictable moments: breakfast, lunch, and being retrieved after waking from both his daily naps. But, all this changes when Daddy walks through the door. He truly beams from ear to ear and actually grunts with joy. Yes, I said "grunt", but that's what he does. After all, those noises are far from actually articulating a conversation. Although, I could swear I heard him say, "wassup" today. Nevertheless, we humor him and give an occasional grunt-style response from time to time. We do what we can. Anyhow, back to what I was saying. Basically, it comes down to the cold-hard truth: Mom is good for meals and nap-time retrievals. Dad is where the fun's at.
Oh well (sigh). What is a lame Mommy to do? I guess I'll just sit back and relax as he crawls repeatedly to Daddy in the evenings. Maybe this is a good thing after all.
1 comment:
I love your new background with the cute pictures!! Sooo cute!
Post a Comment