Dean's new room:
(Used to be Eli's room - hopefully the boys will share it someday. I am still planning on buying a matching comforter for the top bunk.)

Eli's New Room:
(Used to be the loft which was open to below. The dresser will be painted white to match, I just need to find the time.)

And, finally...BEHOLD, the wall.
(Used to be an open room at the end of the hallway -loft style. Devin also built the shelving at the end for towels and such. Looking up from below used to view an open-loft area. Oh, and the empty frame is for our family picture, eventually.).
8 comments:
Cool rooms! I love the crashed airplane look in Dean's room, how creative is that? You decorate beautifully! That wall looks great there too!
Steph, everytime I see more pictures of your house I am amazed at your artistic ability! I just love it and am totally jealous! When are you going to come to Washington and decorate my house?
it was nice to see what a normal sized room should look like (not these tiny closets they call rooms here). LOVED the crashed plane. is that all just paint, or is something actually sticking out of the wall? looked awesome.
Re: Jason -
It is a propeller (with clock) from Hobby Lobby for $5 and a wooden bowl with a hole drilled in. :o)
Easy as that. The rest is paint. And the background-crack paint that looks white in the picture is actually light blue.
SOO cute!! What creative ideas! I love it!
I need some before pictures of that hallway, I don't get it yet.
Haha!
The wall used to end just before where that door starts. It just opened up into an open area (like a game room). So Devin continued the straight wall and also constructed the angled wall to accommodate the built-in shelving he added.
Here's a link to our original floorplan (just click on 2nd floor): http://www.kimballhillhomes.com/plandetails.aspx?PageID=10&Region=Houston&Division=928&CommunityCode=265-1&PlanCode=2135 (You may notice, ours is just the flipped version of this - everything is on the opposite side.)
you both are amazing! Model home! Love everything you have done! You need to come over and help me get my house done...you know you are going to run out of things to do in your already perfect house!
Post a Comment