2.07.2008

Taaa Daaa!

Here it is... finally. I made 12 of these in total. The quotes hanging above say "Love is not something you look for" "Love is something you become".

They are supposed to be displayed in a 3-frames-across x 3-frames-down collage style but we did not have a great space to do so (nobody would be able to see them in our stairway hall so I didn't want to waste them there). Thus, I hung them gallery-style on each side of our LCD tv. The one that is not hanging at the moment says "JOY". I may hang it by itself somewhere else - we'll see. I also made three more (like I said, 12 in total) that say "Love" "One" "Another". I am going to hang those vertically down my wall attached by black ribbon for a special touch (I hope that makes sense, but I will take pictures). :o) Well, enjoy. They were so easy to make (they measure 12"x12" each).

And I am also going to make a GIANT clock with roman numeral hours and the words "FANTASIA" "est. 2005" written on it. That will be really pretty in our front room with the text "time goes softly, sweetly by when there's love at home".

These are some hangings that I just did in our bedroom above our bed. The sign says "All because two people fell in love" (And Lila took 2/3 of the pictures hanging - she's so talented!). These are just Walmart matted frames with black ribbon suspending each picture from a single-prong towel hook. :o)

8 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

Wow! Seriously you are amazing! Did you pant the words on your wall? Really, I almost cried looking at your sweet little family. We miss you guys so much...the other night Joel and I were talking about our future and the thought actually made it out of my mouth to move to Houston to be by you guys, since one of the job options we are considering would force us to live in the mid-states somewhere.......Can't wait to see you guys in March!

Oh, and I love those pictures hung up with ribbon and walmart frames, I may steal your idea......fair warning.

S. Fantasia said...

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH!!!!! I would LOVE it if you moved to Houston. I would love it so much, I may pee. Haha. ("It's funny, 'cause it's true.") I have had those ribbon ones up for some time now but decided I would take a picture of it because I knew you'd love it. You may definitely copy it. :o) I want you to. Also, *fun idea alert* - it is really cute to incorporate a different color ribbon - like red - to bring out the accent in a room. I just did black because I change the bedding in out bedroom off and on so I needed something neutral. With the "Love One Another" frame set I may do green (if I can find the right shade).

Mwah. Can't wait until Easter!

Joel & Lila said...

Yeah, totally cute! you are so amazing with your work! I am secretly working on a new blog site too...it will be specifically for our adoption stuff (I think)....so far it is pretty cute, but I only have th title page and background done. Thanks for giving me so many wonderful ideas! I love it!

tiff snedaker said...

Those pictures turned out great! You are really crafty! I have a clock like the one you are talking about. I did it with a friend and she had to totally talk me through everything. We did them on beadboard & crackled them. It turned out really cute.

thebirdflock said...

They are so adorable! I love them. It makes me really want to get to work on our walls. Hopefully I can put together something even half as cute:)

allison said...

i sure am getting great ideas from you!

The Riries said...

So cute! If it's not too complicated to explain, how did you make them?!

S. Fantasia said...

Supplies: Boards, Plexiglass, vinyl letters, bolts, acorn caps

1) Cut boards (I bought one 12" x 8' and another 12" x 4' ) into 12"x12" pieces - They'll cut them at Lowes for you at no cost.
2) Sand them
3) Paint them black
4) Apply your words (I bought them from a friend who runs a vinyl letter business)
5) *optional* - cover with clear coat paint to seal letters better
6) Cut Plexiglass according to size needed (I did 6"x8" plexiglass to frame 5"x7" pictures). Lowes carries the plexiglass and cuts it for free.
7) Drill 4 holes for the bolts where you'd like them - through plexiglass and boards (measure carefully or it won't line up on each)
8) Push bolt through back of board and then through plexiglass and screw the acorn cap to secure it from the top.

After adding your pictures, you're done! Yay! :o)

* My specs: boards are 3/4" thick and plexiglass is 1/8" thick. You'll need to know your exact specs to purchase the correct bolt length and still have space to screw on an acorn cap.