2.07.2008

Pilot Eli

I realized I haven't shared our nursery yet - so here it is. There are 15 planes hanging from the ceiling also, but I couldn't get a great picture of them so you may have to peek extra hard. I painted the planes on the wall and made the rocking chair covers. Devin hung the chair-railing (Good job, honey). All in all, I like it. I do have to admit, I still love Dean's room better (nautical, a.k.a sailboat, theme). It is much easier to find sailboat-themed decor than airplane decor.

Also, I haven't put pictures in the hanging frames yet so please ignore those. I can't decide whether I want to hang black & white pictures of the family or airplane pictures. Hmmmm.

5 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

Oh I love it! I was just coming to tell you that I finally found time to change my layouts a little from the helpful tips you gave me...but looks like you have been more busy than ever on your. I love the font on the title....love it! You guys are so creative with your decorating. I hope that we can be like that someday too! love the room!

The Bluths said...

How did you paint the airplanes on the wall? Did you use a stencil or anything?

S. Fantasia said...

I used a tiny stencil that I found at Hobby Lobby and just drew it out on a large piece of cardboard (I just had to eyeball it until it looked right). Then I cut the cardboard to create a larger stencil and taped it to the wall where it wanted it, traced it, blue-taped around my pencil marks and painted away. Easy as pie. :o)

tiff snedaker said...

Love Eli's room! In fact, I'm coveting it, lol. You have great taste and it looks so cute. Love the new look of your blog too!

allison said...

Stephanie! that's so cute! if i would have known you were that talented-- i would have hired you to decorate my kids rooms!
allison