So...funny story.
Dean, Eli and I went off to Lowes to buy a night light for Dean's room (now that he's in a big-boy bed, I'm worried he'll hurt himself by late-night wandering in the dark). He started shouting something over and over again and when I finally payed enough attention to comprehend his rantings, I heard, "Jesus, Jesus! I want Jesus, Mommy!" All the while he is saying this (more like yelling), he is reaching his arms out. But I couldn't see for whom he was reaching and was still a bit confused by his behavior. Well, when I turned around to see what (or who) he was reaching for, I saw a man standing merely a foot away also shopping for a night light. He had long brown hair and a beard. (F.Y.I. Dean has done this to the many Santas roaming around out there - or just any man with a gray beard - but I never expected a Jesus sighting.) Even after many whispered attempts to Dean explaining that the man he was reaching for was not, in fact, Jesus, he continued shouting in excitement.
I have no idea if the man heard (I really don't know how he couldn't). Needless to say, I left before getting a night light but I secretly enjoyed every minute of it. What a smart (and persistent) boy.
2 comments:
LOL - How cute. What a smart boy to "recognize" him :)
It's so funny what these little kids pick up on that we would never have noticed.
Post a Comment