Oh my, how Dean's little face lit up when he saw those "Tadoodle Markers" by Crayola. There is a monkey, a puppy and a frog. He also got a big-boy froggie cup with a built-in straw (that looks like a cigarette in one of the pictures - LOL), a whole lot of M&Ms (or MMs, as he would say), and three of those giant rubber-band balloons (he went nuts for that too!).
I sure do love spoiling this kid, much to Devin's demise - in fact, he may never let me forget that I just admitted that. But, it's true. I am such a sucker for that expression of sheer joy that spreads across Dean's sweet face when he gets something he absolutely loves. I am also a sucker for the next few hours of peace, quiet and contentment throughout my home as he joyfully plays with his new treasure, whatever it may be.
I sure do love spoiling this kid, much to Devin's demise - in fact, he may never let me forget that I just admitted that. But, it's true. I am such a sucker for that expression of sheer joy that spreads across Dean's sweet face when he gets something he absolutely loves. I am also a sucker for the next few hours of peace, quiet and contentment throughout my home as he joyfully plays with his new treasure, whatever it may be.
As for Devin, I got him a card along with a fancy chocolate bar and a container of cashews (his favorite but he'll never buy them for himself because they're expensive). And just when I thought my gift would be a little something simple and sweet (just as his was) he went all out and got me a ... memory foam mattress!! Happy Valentine's Day to me, that's all I have to say about that. Although it was a gift for me, he definitely earned himself a place to sleep right next to me with a gift like that. :o) What a sweet man.




2 comments:
I wanted to do something fun for Logan for valentines day, but ended up just making him a chocolate chip heart-shaped waffle for breakfast. We just bought a DQ cake for the fun of it. Tomorrow Ethan and I will go out and exchange gifts then. (Our first time getting gifts for each other.)
Awww - I'm sure Dean is a big fan of Valentine's day with all his fun new stuff. I know what you mean about the quiet time when they get something new. It's totally worth it!
Post a Comment