5.04.2010

{1 year later}


Do you ever catch yourself thinking that you can't hardly wait for something to happen or some special time to come? I think thoughts like that all the time - usually out of excitement for a holiday or birthday or milestone of some sort - but lately I catch myself regretting those same thoughts too. Perhaps I'm having a premature mid-life crisis or something, but whenever I catch myself thinking I can't wait until Ava can walk, or until it's Christmas time again, I feel guilty. I suddenly feel like thinking things like that is like wishing what little time I have left with these babies of mine away. After all, they grow up fast enough, don't they? It seems like just yesterday my water broke and Devin and I were excitedly making our way to the hospital to have Ava. Or Dean, for that matter. I can't even believe that our baby girl - our last little baby - is one year old already.

My, how time flies.

Ava is, as usual, such a doll. And don't even get me started on that little pout of hers! (It'll will be no wonder to me if this sweet girl gets anything she wants for the rest of her life with a face like that.) I always call her diva, and though she is mostly easy going, I'm starting to see a little truth in the nickname. She has no patience (which Devin would say that she gets from her Mommy) and she hates being told "no" (also from me, right Dev?). She does this new thing that makes me giggle every time - whenever we tell her "no" or take something away from her she leans over and throws herself on the floor for a brief tantrum. I always laugh because it's oh-so dramatic. Though I can't say we weren't warned that girls are drama from the start.

She still doesn't walk. Actually, I think she has some balance issues because she stands all the time but still teeters and sways at that. She is officially (as of two months ago, that is) our latest walker, but I kinda like it. Seeing that cute little crawl makes me feel like I'll still have my baby for a while longer. Let's face it, they start to feel too grown up once they start to walk. As for other accomplishments, she says "mama", "dada", "baba", "uh oh", and "thank you" (tantoo). She gets credit for taking a step or two throughout the day and she has a mean spider-monkey crawl (as we call it) that she employs when she no longer wants her cute little knees to touch the floor. Oh, and she LOVES to dance.

Some of little lady's favorite foods are strawberries, chicken, corn and noodles. She loves the bath most of all - I think she's part fish.

She is now blond haired like her Mommy and brothers but still has her Daddy's big brown eyes. She currently weighs 17 lbs 4 oz and if she'd dare to let me measure her, I'd tell you that. But she won't. So there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL AVA BIRD!!

3 comments:

The Bluths said...

Time does fly. Her hair is so cute!

tiff snedaker said...

Sweet little baby! Happy Birthday Ava!

Sarah said...

A year already? Wow! And look at those piggies!!

She's adorable! Happy Birthday Ava!