5.24.2010

{random catching up}



Everywhere we go these days Dean finds some sort of new creature that he loves and wants to keep forever. Whether beetles, lizards, frogs or caterpillars, he loves it. And he is really good at catching them! (Though Eli contributed to the man-handling of this little caterpillar - which Dean named "fuzzy" - a bit too much and he didn't survive the day. R.I.P. Fuzzy!)


Eli has jumped on the silly-band craze along with all the local school-aged kids. Three of Dean's preschool teachers (who are all seniors in high school) gave him some of these and he adored them. So after a 12-year-old neighbor explained to me that you trade and collect them from each friend, I bought Dean a baggie of dinosaur-shaped bands to give to his three teachers in return. Well, when Eli saw them he was SOOOO amazed. He loves them! (In case you're wondering, they are just rubber bands that maintain their special shape - be it dinosaur, farm animal or even the State of Texas, it will spring back to form after all sorts of stretching and abuse.)


Lastly, this is where we always find Ava. It's the baby-goods cupboard in the kitchen where all the sippies, bowls and plates for these tots can be found. She likes to rummage and taste-test the contents of every sippy in there. Of course, the are all always clean and empty, but you never know until you try, right? She's so silly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha I guess I'm not in with the cool kid stuff cause I had never heard of those rubber bands!

The Irishes said...

ha ha...all my students have these bands...they are so annoying to teachers though! They are always messing with them while we are trying to have class!! I guess I'm not as interesting as these bands...ha ha.