5.12.2010

{camping}


We had a great Mother's Day weekend camping on Canyon Lake with Devin's family. They rented us our own trailer and it was a blast! It reminded me of camping with my grandparents growing up - I can't hardly wait to do it again. Though, perhaps I shouldn't call it camping because we had air conditioning, a shower, our own little master bedroom, a kitchen and the boys even had bunk beds. We were definitely not roughing it!

It was the most perfect weather for camping, too, which is saying a lot for this time of year in Texas. It was a typical Texas scorcher on Friday (in the high 80s) when we arrived, but we enjoyed cooling off in the lake. However, as luck would have it, it was only in the 70s on Saturday and Sunday which made it wonderful to be outdoors. We even had sweaters on (which, thankfully, I remembered to pack). We went paddle boating and motor boating on Saturday and the kids loved it. They were pretty mellow while we were out on the lake but raved about it when we were back on land. Next time, bring on the party boats and tubes!!

The campground had the coolest park down by the lake - notice some of the awesome playground toys at the park. It was very unique and tons of fun. And, though the boys loved the park, I think their favorite part of the trip was stalking the deer that kept sneaking onto our campsite to eat the corn we sprinkled for them. There were so many deer and they really came very close before the boys would scare them away (mostly Eli). The boys also couldn't get enough of exploring. Dean even found a deer antler out in the woods by our campsite. And, almost just as exciting, Eli touched his first cactus (that kid is such a boy). He didn't love the little cactus stickers in his hand afterward.

All in all, it was such a fun time. I love camp food and camp fires and being outdoors, so I can't even express what a fabulous time it was. Thanks so much Charlyn, Mark, and Tiffany for meeting us out there. We can't wait to do it again!!

Oh, and in case anybody is wondering how our little Diva handled all the wild outdoors, she LOVED it. She crawled around on the ground and marveled at the wildlife nearby with the rest of us. And she didn't even flinch when we put her in the slighty-cold lake water (even though the rest of us whined about the cold until we got used to it). She's quite an outdoorsy little lady and even managed two naps a day as if she were at home. She's amazing.


3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Wow, I can't believe some of the shots you got of the deer. So cool. Sounds like a fabulous time!

Cari-Ann said...

YOu know Zube park in Hockley has the same park equipment you have pictures of. YOur boys would like it. They also have free train rides every 3rd saturday in the Summer. You guys should check it out if you haven't.

Dave & Chels said...

Fun! We have been trying to plan a camping trip but it hasn't panned out yet. I think B would have a blast. Ava is getting so big! And your hair is dark - that's the darkest I've ever seen it. I like it! We need to pick a weekend to hang out when we move to Dallas in September. You guys can come to our new house!