4.27.2010

{not exactly...}




This is not exactly what you want to see sitting on your patio when you open your back door. (That blurry white part is the step up into the door of my kitchen).

But, I'll do ya one more than that even.

This is ESPECIALLY not exactly what you want to see when you are only opening said patio door because you hear your two-year-old excitedly proclaiming that he will "hold the caterpillar".

Wow. I am pretty sure this snake would have chomped on poor Eli had I not happened to hear him say that, so thank goodness I did. He sure tried to bite me during my attempts to chop him in two...which were successful, by the way. Take that, creepy snake! (That will teach him to hover on my back patio where my rugrats play.)

8 comments:

The Bluths said...

Eww! What did you kill it with?

Unknown said...

holy crap. I am not a fan. That would have terrified me! Way to go getting rid of it by yourself!

Jen said...

officially freaked out.

S. Fantasia said...

Ashley, I killed it with a shovel.
Carrian, I had no choice but to deal with it myself because the kids were stuck in the yard. The snake was between them and the house and, though I considered walking around through the gate and bringing them back in through the front, I was worried that darn snake would slither away and I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to be a problem anymore. (Otherwise, I would never let my kids in the backyard again, thinking he was still out there.)
Jen, I totally was. Why again do I live in a state with so many nasty critters and bugs? Sheesh.

Kaeli & Kyle said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! That is SUPER Creepy to think that he was going to hold it!!

Jessica said...

What! Check you out, friend! I don't know if I could have done that. It's amazing what we do for these kids. :)

Juli and Brett said...

WOW! Scary! Good for you for hearing Eli and then taking care of that snake. I have problems with spiders at times...don't know how I would deal with that!

Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

I think I would have peed my pants, seriously. I'm hoping my mommy instincts would have taken over, like you. I feel so sorry for you. On the other hand, I'm glad Eli has no fear. Kind of. :)