6.26.2009

{recent projects}


Dean had been having a tough time listening lately and I have honestly considered becoming a spanker because all else fails. But, I still don't have it in me (nor will I ever, truthfully) to spank. I think it would just teach him that it's okay to hit when people don't do what he wants and he already has that problem with Eli anyway. LOL. So, I made this reward chart instead. He earns a star for good deeds and being a good boy and loses a star for being naughty and disobedient. (We have a list so that it is always clear and consistent.) He seems to get it so I hope it helps. Oh, and he gets a reward when he has all five stars, which he does NOT have right now. Little stinker.



these are my quiet boxes. They are all labeled including skills that the contents assist in teaching. There are seven of them and they are a BIG hit. I pull one out for each of the boys while I cook dinner and it keeps them out of my hair. Not to mention, they are all educational. Yay!



I also made some binkie straps and re-dressed my large living room window. Maybe pictures of those later. Maybe.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh, I love seeing what other moms do for discipline and things like that. So what are in these cute boxes? I'm dying to know. :) I love how they are all labelled. You're so cute.

Juli and Brett said...

You are such a terrific mom Steph! That is an awesome idea!! I think you might have to share what all you have in your quiet boxes. Of course, I wont need them for quite awhile, but at least it will give me some good ideas! =)

eliza said...

you are seriously super mom with 3 kids and still find time to make all that great stuff!?!?! amazing. i think you need to post what's inside your quiet boxes. Reminds me of my days of teaching.. but mine certainly didn't look so good!

Looli said...

I WANT! I want one...where did you get it? or get the stuff for it?