6.25.2009

{fertile myrtle here}


I know what you're thinking and YOU ARE RIGHT!





...if you were thinking that I already got my period. Only seven weeks post-partum. (No, I'm NOT pregnant for all you who were thinking that, you crazies.)

Remember when you were thirteen and started your cycle at school, or at the store, or just somewhere plain inconvenient and unprepared? Well, that happens to twenty-five-year-olds too, I learned. Ugh. I had to leave Hobby Lobby with an empty cart (which NEVER happens) because I started and was NOT expecting it - if you know what I mean. Not a pretty sight.

I nurse exclusively now. This WAS NOT supposed to happen so Dev recommended calling the Doc just to make sure it is okay (more like "normal" because it is not "okay" with me no matter what he says). You know what he said? He said, "Some women, the especially fertile ones like yourself, do not get a break from their monthly cycle other than the standard post-partum stage regardless of whether they are nursing or not."

Lucky me.

4 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Oh yuck. That's why I loved nursing. But I bled for 6 weeks after both boys. I didn't get Aunt Flo back until Rowan was almost a year old. It was HEAVEN. I'm one of those crazies who thought you were pregnant ;) I'm so sorry though, one of the cruddiest parts about being a woman.

Cari-Ann said...

HA! I love the picture! Poor you! That might be one of the best things about pregnancy and nursing...no period. I just got mine back a month after weaning. I forgot how crappy it is.

Dave & Chels said...

I always thought it was normal to get your period soon after the baby was born - I had mine when B was 8 weeks old. That isn't normal?It was still pretty weird though, after not having one for nine months.

Jessica said...

I too thought it was normal to get your period soon after until I told some friends I had started two months after I had her. I guess we are the lucky ones. :)