6.18.2009

{little miss blue eyes}


Baby eyes are strange to me. It's like they go through a metamorphosis before they become a final color (which, for some, change again sometime during or after the toddler stage).

Dean's progression was: brown - purple-ish - dark blue - light blue.
Eli's progression was: brown - brown - brown (LOL. Okay, his stayed the same.)

But Ava's little peepers started out the purple-ish color and then started changing to an almost brown color so Devin and I were convinced they would actually turn brown. But, lo and behold, they are blue after all. I'm sure they'll lighten in color over the next couple months but I am so glad they're blue like mine. Now, it would be really lovely and stunning if her hair stayed dark brown. But, seeing as how all my children are dark brown at birth and are now blond, I am willing to bet that she'll be a blondie too. (I would love that too, of course.)

I don't know if you can see here eyes well in any picture below though. I was playing with some effects in Illustrator since the boys are asleep. This is the "film grain" effect and I REALLY like the "poster edge" effect which makes the photo look comic-book style. I'll save that for another time.

2 comments:

The Bluths said...

She is just so cute!

Dave & Chels said...

I am also dying to know what color Blake's eyes are going to be. They were purple-ish too the other day, but now they are dark blue. I read somewhere that their permanet(sp?) color doesn't show until they are six months. I want to know NOW. :) She is adorable, but you guys are known to make cute kids so it's no surprise. :)