I found this too, but when Eli was first born we were too traumatized to post it. This is video that Devin shot once they revived Eli after he stopped breathing. The nurse, Babs, is calmly talking to Devin but all the other nurses in the background were bustling around like crazy because those sounds that Eli was making (which was him trying to breath, not crying like it seems) were a clear indication, according to the neonatologist, that something still was not right. Kudos to Babs for keeping her cool in the chaos - we loved her and she took such great care of Eli. Because of her superb care (and a lot of prayers from our great friends and family), we got to bring him home after only 8 days instead of the 5 weeks they originally quoted us.
It's crazy to see this video now and remember how terrifying it all was.
5 comments:
Hey guys, love the blog this is my first comment.Eli you have the true New England fighting spirit(no offense to any non new englanders)new englanders are known for their toughness and you've got it!Keep up the good spirit(love the giggle)-the glass is always half full-I can see a lot of your grandpa Mark in you-he was and maybe still is as tough as they come-I quote"Can't you hit me harder than that?"I could whale on him till I hurt and he'd just laugh Stay tough-We'll be watching you from afar and someday maybe we'll get to meet Love Great Aunt Yvonne
LOL at that first picture. Yes, I'm sure it is pretty traumatic being born, glad I don't remember it....
Poor Eli in that video - it helps to have nurses who can keep their cool...
Did I ever mention cute new layout? Cuz it's cute :)
hey steph!
holy cow, i guess it's been a while since i've looked at your blog because all the posts are new. good job! i need to do the same thing.
love the new blog look!
Oh my gosh! Stephanie How are you? This is Lesley, you old roomate at the Linden house. Last semester before you got married. I was looking on blogs and came across yours. Cute boys! And you look so good. Take care. If you want you can check out our blog. Dave-lesley.blogspot.com
Post a Comment