5.31.2008

{birthday party}

What a fun day we had today! Dean celebrated his 2nd birthday this morning with several of his friends from church and our neighborhood. We made cardboard cars for the kids and they looked so adorable wearing them. Dean's favorite part was his ice-cream-cone cupcakes. We baked the cake inside ice-cream cones and then frosted them with sprinkles and a cherry on top to look like ice cream. They were a big hit and were less messy, I thought, than plates of cake.

My favorite part was watching Deano try to blow out his sparkler candles from about three feet away. He was too funny and one of the candles kept re-lighting itself so I finally had to help him.

5 comments:

the milners said...

Those cars are a riot! What a cute idea!

Joel & Lila said...

You are so creative! I love it! I also am a fan of the photo editing...makes it look like it is old school (kind of).

I can't wait to be able to throw fun parties like this someday....until then, I celebrate things like this for my birthday..boo!!

Jason said...

i loved seeing those small familiar faces! and how long did it take you to do all those cars? what a great idea. you're taking some really good pictures with your new camera. lucky!

The Bluths said...

Yeah your party was a lot fancier than Logan's. We just had a big pool full of water balloons in the backyard and let the kids have at em. He got A LOT of Spiderman stuff and had so much fun. I'll have to write more about it when I have time, so far I've just been putting picture up since family is still here taking up my precious computer time :)

tiff snedaker said...

Happy Birthday Dean! Crazy that it's two - seems like you were just in Rexburg having him! Love the ice cream cone cupcakes - very cute and creative. I also like the carboard cars, looks like the kids enjoyed them.