11.02.2007

"Treat-or-Moo"

I worked on trying to teach Dean how to say "Trick or Treat" all week. He usually just said "treat" (the kid knows what he wants, I guess) but I figured that would be just fine. However, he was so mesmerized by all the people and kids in costumes on Halloween night that he wouldn't utter a word. Our neighborhood is so much fun during Halloween because most people put up decorated tables and lawn chairs in their driveways and pass out candy from there. A firetruck full of fully-suited firemen (a HUGE sacrifice for them because it was quite warm Halloween night) even came around with their lights and sirens on. Dean LOVED that! We didn't actually knock on any doors because we figured we would just go for convenience this year since Dean is still so little. He rode around in his buggy car all costumed up and when people would see him they would say, "Eat More Chicken!" and laugh. (Chick-Fil-A restaurant motto for those of you wondering). It was hilarious. He did muster a "cow says moo" to one guy by the end of the night and DEFINITELY figured out that if he showed his basket, people put candy in it - he was quick to grasp that concept, go figure. What a fun night! Mommy looking all trashy for carving some pumpkins. Daddy and Dean showing off the finished product before being completely eaten alive by mosquitoes. Dean with our neighbors - "his girlfriends" as we call them. Happy Halloween! Mommy and Dean in front of the firetruck - difficult to see because of all the lights. Also difficult to see. Dean was interested in the flashing light behind us. The Fireman thought it was funny.

6 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

Dean sure looks like he has thick hair!! What a sweet looking cow! Good to see that you guys are having some fun in Tex-as...

By the way....we have probably 50-75 magnets that we have been collecting lately, with the sole purpose of "using on the fantasia family"....we can't bring ourselves to attempt the prank on any of our friends around here...no no no...so beware, whenever we see you again, you may not know what hit cha'!! :)

The Bluths said...

That's a cute cow get-up he has. So neat that the firemen did that, I bet Logan would have liked it too.

Dave & Chels said...

See your neighborhood isn't that bad! :) However, you do kind of look white trash in that first picture...KIDDING. I wish you guys were closer, Dean and Bentley could be cows together!! You are about to pop! And you still look cute. I hate people like you...:)

tiff snedaker said...

How fun that your neighborhood puts tables out and is that festive! I like Dean's costume, he makes a cute cow!

The Bluths said...

Cute blog!

S. Fantasia said...

Thanks! I had a little help. :o)