3.01.2010

{a weekend just for the girls}


This may shock you (or it may not) but I have not ever been away from my kids. Ever. I always hear of women taking mini-vacations with girlfriends and even parents taking mini-vacations from their kids but I just haven't ever had the time because my kids are so close in age and because by the time they are old enough to tolerate time away from Mommy (let's say 8-9 months old) I am always pregnant again with the next. Anyway, that is no longer the case so my time has finally come.

I packed a bag last Friday afternoon and hopped in the car with two great girlfriends and we headed to Galveston's Moody Gardens on the Gulf Coast for the weekend. We decided to keep it close to home and affordable this time around since we want the husbands to let us do it again when the time comes. And actually there was supposed to be one more of us. We were so sad to have to leave one girlfriend behind because she fell so ill just before the trip (you were sorely missed, Lisa!).

The weekend was so much fun with many hilarious moments to remember and giggle over for a long time to come (which I'll leave out because we decided somewhere along the way that "what happens in Galveston, stays in Galveston" and because many are the "you had to be there" type moments, I'm sure). It was definitely the vacation I needed to refresh and reboot and by as early as Saturday I already missed my kiddos and hubby SO MUCH! It was actually funny how much we talked about our kids on the trip since it was supposed to be a vacation from them. Such is life as a Mommy, I suppose. We were all excited to get home Sunday night and smother our families with hugs and kisses.

I had a blast, Bonnie and Elizabeth! Or should I say "jumpy" and "crawly"! (I totally just giggled like a school girl writing that.) I can't wait to do that again with Lisa in-tow and healthy next time. And, um, what the heck are we doing in some of these photos? Sheesh.



4 comments:

Bonnie Mills said...

Looking at all those just made me laugh so hard I peed a little! Definitely an unforgetable weekend. Love the pics, Steph, especially the ones with my double chin showing... sexy! So when are we going to San Marcos?
Love you girl... I mean "rolly", I mean "sequins", I mean "promqueen"!

Jen said...

So fun (and deserved too!).

tiff snedaker said...

That's crazy that this is the first time away from your kids. I agree, it sounds like a much needed break. Looks like you girls had a fabulous time. Love the blue sky, can you send some of that our way?

The Bluths said...

Someday I'll do this :) I think I've been away from my kids once. For 1 night. Ethan and I went to a resort.