12.16.2009

{preschool Christmas concert}


We had the great pleasure of attending a concert at the High School put on by our little preschooler and his class. It was so cute and a lot of fun to watch. We even got a photo of Dean with his future wife (so he tells us), and you know what? She's pretty darn cute - the kid has good taste. Eli was happy to bide his time with the cookie buffet and loved seeing his big brother (and many kiddos from church) in their class. He and Dean even got to see Santa which was, of course, a big thrill for them. Dean adores Santa and Eli just still isn't sure but gets closer and closer to appreciation with each encounter. We'll get him there yet.

Actually, funny story about the Santa. I considered scrutinizing his eyes to see if I recognized him at first and then realized, 'why would I know the Santa that the High School finds' and didn't even take a look. And then when Dean was sitting on his lap he kept commenting about "how are the Fantasias" and "Eli, come see me" and I just assumed he has heard our names somehow in all the conversations going on. Later, after Santa's departure, our friend Patrick shows up. Seeing as how Patrick is not a high-school employee and does not have a preschooler yet, I knew right away what he was doing there. It makes me laugh that I didn't notice such a good friend, but that must mean he did a GREAT job! (He was asked to help out by an LDS girl who teaches in the preschool program.)

No comments: