12.16.2009

{a merry Grandma Christmas}


My mom came to visit for a couple days so we got to celebrate an early Christmas with her. She bought both of the boys new bikes which are still all the rage right now and will be for a long time. We finally just moved the dining room table in the front room away so they could ride around on the wood flooring. It's been raining outside and you just can't deny two little boys a chance to ride their new bikes. Eli got a Buzz Lightyear as well and is over the moon for it. In fact, Dean wants it pretty badly but he got two of his three favorite Transformers instead: Megatron and Bumblebee. Eli, of course, wants those too. I'm glad to say that they have been sharing well most of the time.

It was so much fun to have my mom here and the boys are crazy about Grandma! My mom bought Dev three NERF shooters for Christmas which were intended for him to share with the boys but instead ended up being a means of supplying him with the weaponry he needed for daily ambush - my mom and I being the main targets. We had a blast (literally, I suppose) shooting each other and had a serious war one night when all the kids were asleep. I think Dev sat in my mom's head at some point and my back still hurts from being crushed repeatedly in his attempts to steal my weapon and ammo - ruthless, I tell you. Good times were had by all. Well, except perhaps Ava. Poor Ava was sick from the moment grandma got here, with a 104 fever. It lasted until Sunday and was quickly followed up by the appearance of a rash all over most of her body. Darn you, Roseola virus. So, she was pretty fussy and needy most of Grandma's stay, and when she wasn't fussy, she was polka-dotted. Oh, the joys of parenting. :o)

2 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

That second to last picture reminds me of one that myseriously went missing. Now I can see that look runs in the family! :) Ava has such a cute smile. Looks like you guys had fun. I like the bangs, too!

Looli said...

grandma's ROCK!