I found out today that, on top of everything else, I have (drumroll please)...
KIDNEY STONES! (Oh joy.)
Luckily, they could tell from my urine test today that this is my problem. Luckily, it is actually something relatively common - though dreadful - for pregnant women so it was easy to narrow down as opposed to the fainting issues. And luckily, I passed the stone causing all my pain on Monday and I hope I never get more because there is little to nothing you can do about them during pregnancy.
I've never had kidney stones before so I had no idea what was going on when I awoke Sunday night with severe (labor-like except my uterus wasn't contracting) back pains on my left side that wrapped around to my front. Oh, it hurt. I told Devin that if I hadn't already had a couple children I would have thought it was labor, but I know enough about labor from experience to feel for uterine contractions. There were none.
I have been flirting with the idea of going epidural-free for my delivery (I'm not crazy and HATE pain, but I want a speedy recovery) but I'm not so sure how successful I'll be because Sunday night I would have done anything for an epidural. LOL. I'm sorry for any of you who have had kidney stones ... OUCH!
3 comments:
Stephanie! I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult pregnancy! It's crazy that when i saw you last you were on your first, and now you are on your third! You have a beautiful family!
Matt's sis had those on her last pregnancy and they were AWFUL!! She thought her back was so out of wack and she went to the chiropractor only to not have it help. She too was in nasty pain!! I feel for you, but as far as "natural" delivery, I still think you can do it. It is so much better recovery, I loved it. (Not the "in labor" part, but seriously it wasn't bad.)
I think you can do it!! I had mine the first hour of pushing and then the next 4 hours nothing and then I had it again the last 15 min before she was born. Don't get me wrong, it wore me out from all that pushing and pain, but it was doable. You are way strong anyway, look what you have been through!!! You kinda deserve something for all you have been through in your pregnancies. Maybe your children will be PERFECT growing up as a little payback for all the stress, pain, fainting etc etc
Post a Comment