2.24.2009

{nesting?}


Everyone says pregnant ladies clean a lot while nesting (I suppose I do that too) but I think Devin would beg to differ the past couple days because I've been sewing instead (Sorry Dev). I finished Ava's quilt so I'll put pictures of that someday. In the meantime, I wanted to share the Mei Tai carrier that I made. I have another wonderful one thanks to my great friend Jenna's business: Tweetie Pie Baby, but we have worn it out over the past couple years with Dean and Eli so I decided I'd try to make another one. (For those of you who don't know, I am a make-it-myself type of person - I LOVE to make things - and this only increases ten-fold when I'm pregnant. Most of you know that about me though.)

I made this attachable hoodie for days that get cold.
Don't mind my little guy sucking on EVERYTHING! I should have tied him higher so his arms are out of the top but Dev was on his way out to work so I was in a hurry. This can be a backpack and ties several different ways. I usually tie the ties under his butt which shows the patterned fabric more.


I just made a super cute nursing cover too but since I have extra fabric from the carrier I am considering making another nursing cover to match. I'm also considering trying my hand at a ring sling (I already have a new one from Jenna that I can't wait to use, but since I'm feeling all "makie-makie" these days, I figured I could have two to use back and forth).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!! Great job!!

Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

That is really cute. My mom made me one almost identical to that, only she used this really cute green fabric. Can you believe I have 3 baby carriers? One like yours, one that is the super long peice of fabric, (I can't remember what they are called but I have yet to figure out how to do it right)and one that clips. Craziness, I tell you.

Maria said...

you're too funny! i really like that carrier, you're totally inspiring me! haha. i've been going crazy too with projects, out of nowhere i decided that i needed to redo johnnie's bedroom and made him a quilt for it in 5 hours! good times.