





I gave my friend, Jen, a baby shower at my house last night, which I have never done before. It was a lot of fun to celebrate her upcoming baby girl, mostly because I actually got to buy pink things which I never find myself doing these days. I made her a diaper cake as a gift which was a little time-consuming, but very fun. I love all things crafty, so I actually enjoyed it. There was plenty of great food at the shower and my friend Lisa, who helped me host, made the beautiful trifle pictured as well as an AMAZING spinach dip. So good! For party favors, I dipped fortune cookies in pink (dyed) white chocolate and sprinkled chocolate sprinkles on top. They turned out really cute. However, I would like to mention that when I ate one, my fortune was more of an "unfortune". It read: "Today is a disastrous day. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What? I specifically paid for FORTUNE cookies. What a rip off. Haha.
I was so sad when almost everyone had left and I realized I had forgotten to get a group picture. Bummer. Jen (the mommy-of-honor) is standing next to me in the white. She is naming her baby girl, due on March 24th, Teagan Kay Wegner and also has an almost three-year-old baby boy named Kai who, I'm sure, will be a great big brother.
2 comments:
All that food looks SOOO good right now.
aahhh! i wish i was there! seriously, i'm almost in tears. i loved that ward. i miss everyone.
how's it going girly girl? our laptop is finally setup, so i can check your cute blog everyday now! i love it. oh-- i love your new haircut. it's funny because just last night i had a dream i was giving myself a haircut. anyway-- hope you're doing great!
allison
Post a Comment