So, we've had a FABULOUS day today and Dean wanted to share his oh-happy-day face with everyone. Seriously, isn't that just the biggest smile you've ever seen? Anyway, here's the quick report:
Dean and Eli went to my friend Bonnie's house for a short while so I could go to the doctor (Thanks Bonnie) and Eli DIDN'T cry the whole time in a separation-anxiety fueled tantrum like he usually does. YAY!
Dean got to eat three mini chocolate bunnies AND some jelly beans from his Easter stash. Need I say more? Well, I will because Daddy also brought home Despereux (which I didn't actually like in theaters because it was a bit gloomy, but Dean was excited nonetheless).
I had another cervix check and am proud to report that I am still, even after a weekend of intense and continuous contractions, only dilated 3.5 cm. My faith is restored today that there is a GREAT chance I can make it to next week and maybe even 37 weeks. Woohoo! The latest we'll have the baby is May 6th because, although I was able to negotiate from a 37-week medical induction, to 38 weeks (I want to see how long I can make it naturally and really want to avoid being induced), my doc is not willing to let me go past that but still doesn't think I'll make it that far anyway. I am so excited at the thought of actually getting to spend time with our sweet Ava just after birth, which is something we could not do with Eli. Each day she hangs in there, the better I feel. So, tomorrow will be great and next Wednesday (36 weeks) will be AMAZING!
Oh, and this is Eli's happiest face. He is a bit more stingy with his elation. "Stoic", if you will.*Thanks so much for all the comments and support on the last post. I can't even describe how much I needed to hear all of your encouraging words. You are all the best and I'm so grateful for each of you and the prayers you have been saying for us throughout this pregnancy. We feel them and they are definitely being heard. We love you all so much and are grateful for such wonderful friends. Thanks again!*
1 comment:
I am so glad you are making it!!! I keep praying everything is ok. Those boys really are so cute and I am excited to see your little girl!
Post a Comment