4.09.2009
{conflicted}
I went to the doctor today and - GOOD NEWS - I am no longer on bed rest!
More good news is that I am almost dilated to a 4 (3.5cm)! Oh, wait, that would be good news a couple weeks from now. I'm not sure how I feel about it at 34 weeks though. The bed-rest order has been canceled because my cervix proved that it didn't help any (I think it probably helped a little) at delaying dilation, which my doctor kept warning that "it probably wouldn't". I guess I proved him right.
I have been saying the past several weeks that "I'll feel much better if I can make it to 34 weeks" and actually felt the need to celebrate when I hit that mark. But now that I'm here and dilated almost to the in-labor stage I am hoping and praying for at least one more week. And when I am 35 weeks I know I'll be hoping and praying to make it to 36. I sure am difficult to please these days. (wink)
I keep telling people that the joke will be on me when I go overdue after all the precautions taken: shots, pills and the oh-so-lovely bed rest. But then the doctor told me today that if I don't go on my own in the next couple weeks, which he almost guarantees that I will, than he will have to do an early medical induction because of other issues. I have to say, I have NEVER wanted to be induced so I am not entirely thrilled about that, but we'll see what happens.
I can't wait to meet our sweet girl but I then again, I want to for her sake. Plus, since this is our last pregnancy I feel the need to soak up as many of those little pokes, wiggles and kicks before it ends since I'll never get to have that experience again.
Oh, and lastly, Devin's birthday is next Thursday so hopefully I don't have her then. Otherwise, he's going to be having some joint princess parties with his little girl for the next several years of his life. Hahahaha. Oh gosh, that would be so funny. (Sorry Dev, but I would enjoy every minute of watching you blow out the candles on your very-own matching Barbie cake.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL!! That is too funny!! (about the Devin having a princess party and a barbie cake, and obviously not about the rest of the post!)
Well I hope that it all works out well for you. I have been praying!
Oh man, it would be just your luck to go past 39 weeks with this one. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And Dev would secretly love those parties, I'm sure of it. :)
that is great news! and i have to say that I was induced and really--- it was wonderful.
Post a Comment