Today is Devin's 28th birthday. I have to say, he is a bit difficult to purchase a gift for because, well, he's a tech geek and all the things that would bring him joy are technologically beyond my level of understanding. Any little doodad or gadget that he fancies would certainly be something that I know absolutely nothing about and would never have, even in my wildest dreams, thought of getting him. As a result, he usually gets to pick out his own birthday gifts, which I actually think he likes doing (I hope). But it takes all the fun of surprising him away from me.
So, this morning I woke up early with Dean and we made Dev a big breakfast before he headed off to work. Dean was so excited to help and is actually a pretty good assistant in the kitchen. He stirred the pancake batter, helped crack the eggs and taste-tested the ham and the fruit. Although, he did keep reminding me that he was more interested in helping make the cake. (More like helping taste the cake.)
Happy birthday, Dev. We love you and hope you have a FABULOUS day. At work. And school. Okay, don't worry, we'll make sure we celebrate tomorrow evening instead. Thanks for being so wonderful at all you do!
The happy helper.
_________________________________________________________
Devin is not a big fan of cake so I debated making one. I finally decided I would because every time I told Dean about Daddy's upcoming birthday, he was so excited to help make the cake. Instead of making the "Thomas The Train" cake that Dean kept suggesting (he's never even seen that show either), I took a more manly approach and made this T-Bone steak cake. It took A LOT of red food coloring. (Eli was asleep by the time Dev came home from school so he's not pictured.)
2 comments:
MMMMM cake... cade doesn't like cake so we never have it around here. Thanks for the birthday wishes!!
Very Very cool cake...Do you watch Ace of Cakes? Probably not, but go search it on youtube...you'll want to start making all of your cakes look like things (besides Thomas of course).
Post a Comment