7.04.2008

{lookie what I made}

I have a friend who had a vinyl business and she sold me all this vinyl (and much, much more) at cost. The vinyl for the boards and the clock combined put me out a whole $6. I've had to sand the clock and start over 6 times because the crackle is so tricky. It is an art of perfection, that's for sure, and I am not perfect at all so I kept having to start again.

** I should mention that I never did get the clock perfect according to my original plan which was to place the text for the clock directly on the main (which is now background) crackle. But by the sixth sand-and-re-paint session I had had enough. There were still two streaks going horizontally across the clock. Luckily, I realized it was right where the text would have to be so I decided to give the two stripes a try and see how it looked. otherwise, I would just re-sand and start again which I was going to have to do anyway. In the end we LOVED the stripes and felt like it put a modern twist on the clock which suits us.

Oh, and case you were wondering, the upper-case M on the boards stands for Mom. I didn't get my own initial wrong - that would be silly. G is for guest and children are lowercase. Come to think of it, I should put some Gs on the chore chart. Just kidding.

2 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Very cute. You are so crafty, it makes me sick. Well, not really. Just a bit envious. I'm not patient enough to do that. Nor am I a perfectionist, as you well know!

tiff snedaker said...

Nice deal on the vinyl lettering. Your clock turned out fabulous!