1.31.2008

President Hinckley Tribute

This is my favorite of all the tributes I have seen devoted to our dear Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. He truly was an inspiring man and the only prophet I have ever known (convert since 2001). He will be sorely missed but the mark he has made on the church, its members and the world will always be remembered.

Wikipedia defines President Hinckley as follows: "[...] an American religious leader who served as the fifteenth president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from March 12, 1995 until his death. He was the oldest person to preside over the church in its history. As president of the church, he was considered by its members to be a prophet, seer, and revelator. His presidency was noted for the building of new temples, the Proclamation on the Family, and the creation of the Perpetual Education Fund. Hinckley dedicated more LDS Church temples than anyone else, dedicating more than half of the current temples. [...] As president of the church, Hinckley was also chairman of the Church Board of Education and Board of Trustees that governs the Church Educational System."

We thank thee, Oh God, for a Prophet like you, President Hinckley. May God be with you 'til we meet again.

5 comments:

The Riries said...

Thanks so much for sharing this video, Steph. It's so well done. That picture of President Hinckley by Marjorie's casket just breaks my heart. At least now they're together once again!

S. Fantasia said...

I agree. That picture is what did me in. I wasn't crying during the tribute until then. I am so glad he is with his adorable wife again - he truly is in a better place. It is a great piece about such a wonderful man.

Joel & Lila said...

This was actually the first tribute that I actually broke down in....and yes, as with the two of you, seeing how sad he was at his sweetheart's burial, was what caused continuous tears, even until now. How I will miss his smile, his voice, and his guidance. Thanks for sharing

thebirdflock said...

I love this video too. As soon as I got the link in my email, I put it on our blog also. I guess we think alike:)

Marshall said...

Beautiful tribute. I'm now bawling like a baby :) I have to agree with those who have posted already that the picture of him by his wife's casket really pulls at some heart strings. I'm sure he has happy reunion with her.