These are my two favorite pictures of the day - great job, Devin. (the rest are in the slideshows so that my post won't be too large.)
Funny story about the picture below.
As we first pulled into the park after purchasing our feed at the drive-through entrance, all the animals surrounded Devin's window. As he fed some of them from his window, I watched not knowing that he had also rolled my window down and this giant deer was jus
t getting ready to make his move. Imagine my surprise when he crams his enormous head (no offense, Mr. Deer) through my window and starts tring to eat all the food from the bucket in my lap. Well, this guy has huge teeth so I was actually a little worried he would get me. It was hilarious. We practically had to close his head in the window to get him to back away. Punk.
Oh, and did I mention that Dev had also opened Dean's widow? Poor kid almost got his juice snatched.
7 comments:
Well it was about time for a new post. What is on Dean's back in the pictures? Please tell me it is a back pack and not a leash.
It's a LEASH and boy do I love it! Dean is a runner and it literally a life saver. When Dean's feet touch the ground, he goes. It's either leave him in the carts (at stores) and have him say, "Down, Down, Down, Down, Down...." or cry the whole time, OR give him SOME freedom and let him burn some of his energy. Anyways, the park was awesome and so were the animals! Dean had a blast and so did we!
Hey, it is a backpack...and a "leash". Keep in mind, Dean is just barely 19 months (and was only 17 months when Eli was born). I know what you are thinking because I am SO against leashes for children. At least, I was. And then I had Eli and realized when Dean gets mad, he runs. (He used to always be the only one in my cart or in my arms, but now with two children in-tow, he walks a lot more of the time. Especially when the shopping cart only has one seat and buckle.) I run a lot of errands throughout the day and several times within the first couple weeks of Eli being home, Dean literally ran away from me. One time was at Toys R Us and I would have had to either leave Eli behind in my cart while chasing Dean, or I would have had to let Dean run away and hope I could find him again (especially before someone else with horrible intentions did or before he made it out of the store). Another time was walking out of the grocery store and he broke free from holding my hand and ran into the road before I could grab him (that time I did leave Eli and my cart behind in a frantic chase). Luckily, the car coming saw him and stopped in time. Then, later that night I saw a news broadcast about a 2 year old who was accidentally run over and killed in a church parking lot because he broke free from his dad's grip and ran into the road. That was it for me. I decided that Dean's safety was far more important than my negative opinions of child leashes. I would never forgive myself if something happened to him that could have been easily prevented with little more than a monkey backpack.
I have to admit, I was so embarrased at first (I still am, sometimes) but many moms have stopped Devin and I and commented on how grateful they were when they bought the backpack/"leash". One woman said, "Don't ever let anyone give you a hard time about using that. A good mother takes whatever measures necessary, no matter how embarrasing, to keep her children safe. You'll never regret it." Well, I am glad she told me that because I agree. but I still only use it when I am in situations where I cannot contain him in the back of a cart or the double stroller. He never complains about it though and actually asks for it because it is a monkey. He thinks it's fun and I can already tell he is learning restraint so he won't need it much longer. But, until then - it stays on his back when needed.
Oh, and we just used the backpack part on the safari trailer so that I could hold the monkey while he leaned over to feed the animals. That way he couldn't fall off since there were no seatbelts and we were right above the tires. I didn't want him getting run over (or trampled by the animals). I really am a worrier and this thing gives me a LOT of peace of mind. I definitely feel bad for ever giving any leash-tugging mommies bad looks or making snap judgements because now I know how it is to be the mother of a runner (not to mention, the mother of two). I hope you won't need one, but I'll laugh if you do. You can buy it at Walmart.
That looks like so much fun! We will definitely have to try it sometime:)
P.S. I was against leashes until I had my second. After four, I don't know how I would have survived. We had a monkey backpack too, and my daughter loved it:)
Amen sister. I'm right there with ya. And they've improved since I had my girls. I got Meagan one that just criss-crossed in the front and wrapped around her waist. It looked like a fancy, hot pink seatbelt/leash. The monkey is MUCH cuter & fashionable! (wink) And it's true, you always bash them until you have a child who constantly runs. So have something horrible happen to him or keep him close & safe? Not a hard decision. Oh, and Hi! It's been a while! Your new little boy is darling and I love his name! We think the same when it comes to names! I would love to see my Eli with yours and take some pictures! Dean is a cutie, too! I know Chels misses you...hope you guys are doing good in Houston! Jody :o)
I'd be a little freaked out too if that deer were sticking it's head in my lap, lol. Way to defend your juice Dean! I've opted for a life where I never go anywhere at this point because there is NO way I can manage Chandler & a baby without Marshall, he's just too much of a wild child. I'll have to look into those "backpacks"
Post a Comment