I have a confession to make: I decorated a couple weeks ago because I was so excited that the Holiday season had finally arrived. I mean, if Walmart can start displaying their decor and playing their Christmas music the day after Halloween, why should I have to wait? I had to decorate by myself because Devin thought it was too early and preferred to tease me instead. But, you know what? I love it and I'm glad it's done. It makes me feel all warm and cozy every morning to see my tree up and glistening with lights and ornaments. Sigh. I think I may actually cry when I have to take it down. The day after New Year's Eve (when everyone starts dismantling trees and putting away Christmas music) is practically the saddest day of the year. (Don't get me wrong though, we take ours down promptly because I refuse to be one of those people who still have their decor up in February. LOL.
That's my nativity inside the China hutch, and sadly, after about ten different angle attempts I realized I'm not going to be able to do it any justice in a photo. It is gorgeous and I love it and I am considering leaving it in there year-round because appreciating it only once a year just doesn't seem right. It's the Willow Tree Nativity by Demdaco and the only thing I lack is the star backdrop so I am going to have to find one of those. (Thanks for buying this for me, Mom. Someday, when the stinkers are older I will be able to display it outside it's glass-protected hutch. Maybe when they are 20 or so.)
I hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving tomorrow. I know I will because I am planning on eating my weight in Green Bean Casserole. Oh, yum!
2 comments:
Love this time of year! Your decorations are so cute. I know what you mean about the nativity. I have a really nice Hallmark one my MIL gave me over the last few years and I have yet to put it out because I don't want pieces to get broken and it has been discontinued :(
I love that Willow Tree nativity. We got Joseph, Mary & Jesus, the sheep and the ox for our wedding and I've been asking for the rest of it for Christmas ever since! It is absolutely beautiful.
Post a Comment