I've been working on these for my little men (but really for me) for the past week. I am almost done but couldn't wait to share. I had them all cut out and ready to go, actually, and then realized that Dean's head is slightly too big for the matted frames I have. Bummer. So, here I am, scanning the cut-outs into the computer to resize them and print the new templates out. I made them by tracing Dean's shadow on the wall. Eli wouldn't sit still so I found a side profile picture (thanks for the recommendation, Lisa) and used to photoshop's "magnetic lasso" tool to get the outline. Then I printed a template that way.
I'm SO excited to get these hung. I've always loved silhouettes! (Please ignore the pencil marks on Eli's (above). That was just a rough draft.)
----------
Taa Daa! Here's the finished products on our wall.
11 comments:
That is adorable! I love it! You are so creative. Is the wall painted green behind the frame? It looks so good!
That is the coolest thing! I love it! Where did you get the idea?
Andrea, thanks and yes, the wall is green behind there (got that idea from Ashley Bluth -thanks Ash).
Shannon, thanks and I got the idea because my mom mentioned helping our preschool teachers do that for us when my sisters and I were little. It made me want them. I love vintage-looking things like that!
So vintagey cool! Steph, when do you have time to let out all of your creativity? You have got to have some serious organization up there to fit all that creativity in your brain! Great idea, and they look very chic on your wall.
hey lady! so we just got back from europe. we were gone for 10 days and i missed the kiddos like crazy. I was going to get little profile pictures of the kids but the whole body and in vynil. the project got lost in the mix. If i send you profile picks of the kiddos do you think you could do some for me?? pretty please? call me when you get a chance we need to catch up!
So creative! Nicely done!
They look great, Steph! It's impressive all the tricks you had to pull to get these done!
Wow, that is amazing, and it really looks just like your boy's profiles. So cool
I was just thinking that looked a lot like my pictures :) I think it looks great!
Those are so cool! I love them. I just love seeing pictures of all your crafts. I wish I was more crafty, but I usually get so fed up with my crafts not looking just right...
Post a Comment