Since Dean has been sleeping in a twin bed, he usually wakes me up in the morning. And let me be the first to tell you: he always has A LOT to say! He always comes in my room rambling about several different things, none of which are related in any way to one another. It is pretty funny to try to follow the conversation so this morning I recorded it on my cell phone once I heard him say my name from my doorway (I pretended to keep sleeping for fun because my favorite part is always him telling me to wake up).
Dean: "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy, wake up! Wake up!"
Mommy: "Good Morning, Sunshine!"
Dean: "I want play Shannon."
Mommy: "Oh, you want Shannon? Well, Shannon's at school."
Dean: "Shannon school. I want Crystal."
Mommy: "Crystal's at school, too, Baby."
Dean: "Mater, Light-Queen, [Where] Are you? I want Light-Queen! Ka-Toww!"
Mommy: "Good job, Baby. Lightning McQueen says Ka-chow. What does Mater say?"
Dean: "Dag-oom! I want car button, Mommy."
Mommy: "Okay, Dean. Go play wit car button. It's in your playroom."
Dean: "Yeah. Play car button. And Mater, Light-Queen!" (giggles)
Dean: "Mommy?"
Mommy: "Yeah, Baby?"
Dean: "I want milk."
Mommy: "You want milk? Should we go downstairs and get food too?"
Dean: (excitedly) "Good idea, Mommy!"
Mommy: "Thank you, Baby."
I turned off the cell phone at this point but on our way down the stairs Dean reminded me to "get baby brother, too" and "baby down-tairs, Mommy." What a concerned older brother. Too cute.
5 comments:
Yeah, you have a counter just for me! I feel so important. I hope I don't blow it and be boring or something. I am soooo excited!
Dean is so cute. I can't believe he can (practically) speak whole sentences. Is that weird for you? I think it will be kind of weird for me when B starts talking like that.
I am so excited for Lupe Tortillas. I have dreams about it. Maybe we could throw in a couple summersalting wars, just for old times sake. Except we won't do them at 3 am. Or maybe we will. I'm up for whatever. :)
Wow, he really is talking well for not quite 2! Sounds pretty cute - it's those times when you really relish being a mom and soak in all the cuteness. I know what you mean about interjecting random things into a conversation. When we say prayers at night, somehow Chandler will randomly say, "Elmo's World!" or "Tuart...mouse.." Guess it's what's on his mind and he doesn't want Heavenly Father to forget them.
I think that's cute that you recorded it onto your cell phone :)
I thought the counter was for my B-day? Where's the love?
-Devin
Alright, you anonymous boob *wink*. I fixed the counter for your birthday (even though I have that one memorized).
You're a dork. :o) Love ya!
Ahhh, I can't believe he talks like a real person! Not that I expected any less, but it just seems to have happened so quickly! So cute!
Post a Comment