5.08.2011

{Mother's Day Weekend}

Now this is the life! What holiday isn't best celebrated on a boat, I ask? (Okay, probably Christmas - burrr.) It was such a wonderful weekend with Devin's parents at Canyon Lake. Dare I admit that the weekend has rejuvenated my desire to have a boat of my own someday? Well, it's true and I'm seriously coveting one right now.

Anyway, I hope all of the now-mommies and all the someday-mommies out there had a wonderful weekend with lots of RELAXATION because we deserve it! It is tiring work keeping these kiddos heads screwed on tight, am I right? But I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING in the world. There is something amazing about being a mommy that can feel rewarding even in the most trying of times. My little cuties are at such wonderful ages - and such frustrating ages. They are sweet, innocent, giggly, curious and, above all else, ever so snuggly and loving. They are precious. And they are also pestering, arguing, fidgeting, tantrum-ing, mess-making and potty-talking. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Then again, I have it on good authority that these little ones get all that naughty stuff from me. (But isn't that just something all Moms say? Just kidding, I know it's true.)

Well then, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there - the ones like me - that are finally getting the exact punishment our own mom's have long hoped we would... children just like us!

I love you always, my adventurous little boys and fun-loving baby girl! You light up my life everyday I am so proud to be your Mom. I adore everything about all of you and enjoy watching you learn and accomplish new things and reach new goals. You amaze me, inspire me and teach me so much about the world, beauty and faith. Mwah!

No comments: