3.27.2011

{newest addition}

There's a long and funny story about how we got this dog and perhaps I'll write it here someday. Her name is Mara and - though she looks like a piddly little puppy in the photo - she is full grown already. We got her in February (for my birthday) and for a while, I'll admit, she was the vain of my existence. Now she is sweet. She's an almost-six-months-old Italian Greyhound. She will stay small (which we didn't really know when we got her). She is more like a cat than a dog because she wants to just snuggle and sleep all day long on our laps. Or she can be found sunbathing by one of the windows. Like I said, cat. However, when we open the back door to go out and play, she perks right up and speeds like a little bullet all around the back yard. She costs about $5 a month to feed - not kidding - due to her small size and doesn't shed due to her barely-there coat. My favorite thing about this cute little pup is that little white smudge on her forehead. I always tease that if she was a boy she would be named "Harry Potter".

1 comment:

tiff snedaker said...

What a sweet puppy. :)