7.20.2010

{taa daa!}


Yesterday while the kids were sleeping I decided I wanted to make a dress for Ava. I don't know why, but I just had the urge. Since Eli is sick and I don't hardly wait for anything (no joke, I am so impatient), I knew I had to use what fabrics I already had laying around if I wanted to get started. And I knew I was going to have to do it without a pattern since I don't have any of those yet.

Well, it is a pretty simple design and I had to modify a bit when she woke up - note, don't make a dress while your model sleeps. All in all, I am pretty proud of it. And I learned a lot as I went so next time, with a pattern most likely, it should be so much easier.

5 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Check you out! You did a fabulous job, it's adorable!

Jessica said...

I love that you are like that. I'm the same way, once I decide to do something I want to do it like immediately. It turned out cute!

Elizabeth Severson said...

The dress looks fantastic! and your little model is so beutiful.

simply jami said...

You rock steph! Too cute!

Unknown said...

wahoooooooooooo way to go!!