7.10.2010

{my little hair dolly}


I have been so addicted to playing with Ava's hair. It's one of those many-splendors of having a baby girl. I love it. I would like to add my EXTREME thankfulness that she actually has some hair, seeing as how I was bald until I was nearly three.

After years spent in the land of boy hairstyling, which actually can be fun on occasion, my need to stylize was becoming nearly unbearable. Imagine my joy upon learning Ava's hair was finally long enough for a little bow clip. And then piggy tails. And then, wait for it, even a little pony tail!

I can't hardly wait until it's long enough to braid. But, until then, here a three of her starter hairdos I started doing weeks ago. She sports even more styles now that I have caught on so I'll have to get some more pics of those. And I have heard from several friends about the existence hair blogs? Well, be still, my heart! When her hair is long enough for whatever those suggest, there will just be no stopping me. (First I need to find them though so if you know of any, feel free to comment with a link.)

Oh yeah, and in case you were wondering, Ava doesn't mind my hairdressing at all most days. Her limit on an impatient day is about 6 rubber bands, so if I sense she's feeling ornery, I keep it simple.

5 comments:

Jen said...

http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/

I used to follow her, but don't anymore...but you might get a kick out of it! I may have to get more adventurous with T!

Jessica said...

What a sweet doll too! Stephanie, she is so beautiful. Can you imagine having only boys? They are wonderful too of course, but having a girl is so fun. Those are all very cute!

Unknown said...

I'll second Jen's blog suggestion. I just found it the other day and alot of the do's are super cute. Aubrey just graduated from a clip to tiny pigtails. What kind of bands do you use? Aubrey's always seem to fall out.

tiff snedaker said...

So SO cute. I'm wanting a girl right about now. Another really great blog to check out is:

http://www.princesshairstyles.com

I've networked with this girl online for a while, and she is awesome,plus she is SO SO creative.
I think you are doing an awesome job on Ava's hair :)

Kaeli & Kyle said...

Stephanie she is a doll!! Those hair do's are so cute! I am hoping for a girl so that I can have the experience of doing a little girls hair. I never had a sister and the urge is just inside waiting to burst! :)