2.01.2010

{still here}

Hi all.

I just wanted to hop on here and say that we ARE still alive so no need to email or call anymore. The kids have had RSV since the Sunday before last and it's just not going away. So, we have been elbow-deep in snot and puke and this virus is definitely plague-worthy in our opinions. Every time we think the kiddos are on the up and up, it strikes again. We were thinking last night that perhaps everyone was getting better. Shortly after discussing that, however, Ava and Dean threw up all over their beds (and in Ava's case, also the floor and the floor again - poor thing). Eli seemed to have the worst of it and got some nasty fever blisters in the midst of his woes last week. He also lost 5 pounds which is concerning for Eli because he lives and breathes to eat and refused for much of the week. We were pretty worried but he's doing much better now.

As for the other two... we wait. I hate waiting and hope they're better soon. Ava only slept an hour last night so Devin and I tried to tag-team caring for her. Thank goodness he was willing to donate some of his own sleep to the cause because I know I could not handle three sick kiddos on no sleep. I'm not even sure I can handle three well kids on no sleep. Anywho, I'd better go because Eli and Dean are at war and I need to go break it up. (I guess it's good that they're feeling well enough to argue?)

I need a nap.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You poor thing! Sick kids are hard, hard on everyone. Especially the mom. I wish we lived closer too. It'd be so fun. Sigh.

Dave & Chels said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry. One kid sick is bad enough, I can't imagine three!! Hopefully they are getting better.