I saw this idea on howdoesshe's blog and loved them. Granted, they would have been MUCH MORE appreciated by an older crowd, but Dean loved them nonetheless. I made 30 of them for his preschool Valentine swap and forgot to take photos - darnit - of all the cute "skins" I made. This is the one he brought home and it was actually one of my faves so I'm glad I could get a photo of it. The process: Wrap your conversation hearts "sweethearts" in cute paper. Use two twizzler strings (or regular string) for the cables. Wrap two rolos or mini PB cups in foil to create ear buds, folding the foil aroud the twizzlers to attach. Glue on your playlist and button and you're good to go. I put them in baggies labeled "iHeart you!" to complete the package. It was pretty easy and quick-moving as far as crafty projects like this go but it would have moved a LOT faster if I had left the ear buds out. But what fun would that have been?
Oh, and I can't believe how much candy Dean scored in class today. I think he's going to have a sugar high for a month. I also can't believe that the wonderful Cy-Fair school district will only allow school-aged (Kindergarten and up) kids to swap cards and stickers. LAME! What is this health-nut world coming to when kids can't even enjoy a good sugar-induced buzz on at least Halloween and Valentine's Day? Sheesh.
Anywho, have a great (and romantic if you're mushy like that) Valentine's Day this weekend!!
2 comments:
so cute! Very impressive. You managed to make all of those cute ipods, even after the plague hit your house? You're totally amazing.
Well, you should be happy that cy-fair actually allows the celebration of valentines. Christmas, has become a winter party. Otherwise people complain. We didn't even get halloween at the school i taught at.
These were so adorable Steph! I loved it, and the mom appreciated all the work that went into the cuteness!
Post a Comment