11.09.2009

{happy halloween!}


The boys' costumes were going to be Mario and Luigi this year until I discovered they were being sold, mass-production style, at Walmart. So there went that not-as-creative-as-I-thought idea. Haha. Neither of the rugrats could decide what they wanted to be (nor did Eli care) and finally Dean settled on "train driver". Well, anything Dean will do, Eli must do too. So, train engineers they both were and they loved it! Ava-bird was a witch. A GOOD witch, I would like to point out.


We went to trunk-or-treat (my first ever) at church the night before Halloween. Then we had some festive Halloween birthday-party fun on the morning of Halloween and attended an outdoor festival that evening, complete with giant inflatable jumpies, games and even delicious fair food. In fact, I ate my first deep-fried oreo at the festival. I will never eat another. Yuck.

Oh, and funny story about the whole day. I kept lecturing the boys, "you'll get a tummy ache of you eat too much junk". I honestly kept thinking as I was lecturing that they probably wouldn't get a tummy ache and that it's just something parents say to avoid the sugar-buzz all that candy causes. Well, I should have heeded my own advice. I have been eating REALLY healthy lately which means no candy, low sugar (usually none), blah, blah, blah. But I, for some reason, decided I was going to have a freebie day on Halloween - and whoa did I! I ate three personal pizzas, 3 cupcakes (and probably another 2 cupcakes-worth of frosting drippings), countless cups of swamp juice (soda), 2 white-chocolate-dipped banana ghosts, somewhere near a dozen monster eyeball deviled eggs, a corndog, a frito pie, another soda, a deep-fried oreo, 4 mini butterfingers, 3 reeses cups, candy, candy, candy! Oh, and when I got home that night I ate another cupcake before bed!

By 3am I was leaning over the toilet bowl in misery and thanking my lucky stars that I was, at least, enough of a responsible parent to prevent my children from doing that to themselves! I, in that moment, swore off sugar forever! And then when I got home from church the next day, I broke my fast with a cupcake. Haha.


Oh, and here is our bearded conductor on the day he wore his costume to preschool. He was SO excited!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You're so funny. I think I'd be sick eating half of that. :)

You're kids costumes are adorable. That train driver idea is sooo cute. Love it. And she is really so cute as a little witch.

Dave & Chels said...

Wow, just reading what you ate gave me a stomach ache. But it also reminded me of our Millhollow days when we could put away SO much food. I'm sure it helped that it was so good!
The boys look so cute. Ave is adorable - I love those profile pics of her. She looks so intrigued by that octopus suit. (It was an octupus, right?) I LOVE baby neck folds! I kiss blake's all the time. They are gone too soon.

Dave & Chels said...

I just re-read that and realized I called Ava 'Ave'. What was I thinking - avenue?