5.08.2009

{at the hospital}


Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


You like that first labor photo of me? I wasn't very amused that Devin wanted to snap some pictures. I'm glad he was making sure that this childbirth was still well documented but when he tried to leave me in the absolute peak of my pain (as her head was crowning), I drew the line. Thus, we don't have any super-fabulous, in-the-moment photos such as this one but I needed him more than I think he realized in that moment. I don't regret any missing photos because I was just thankful to have his hand holding mine - it's amazing how something so simple as that can help so much. Thanks Dev.

Below is a fun thing our hospital does. Every older sibling gets to leave their handprints on the walls of the maternity ward and once a wall is full, they put plexiglass covers overtop. We recycled our last handprint location from Eli's birth and just added to it so we didn't use up what little space they have left. They said they'll have to cancel this fun activity soon because space it shrinking fast. I'm glad we got to enjoy it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


And here is a page I did last Saturday and never actually posted. Just Dean trying to figure out his chop sticks. It may seem weird, but this kid LOVES sushi!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

seriously love it! I love seeing your boys holding sweet baby Ava. They are going to protect her and love her so well! Congrats again....Deven looks like a proud father thinking, "three, oh my, three...what am i going to do with three? Am I ready for her to date and get married and oh my oh my.." LOL (realistically, he is probably just really tired!)

Jen said...

Very very darling page...you are such a sweet mom & wife. Congratulations. Can't wait to meet her.