10.30.2007

Awaiting Baby Updates...

So, I will add a preggo picture later because I am pretty sure I am HUGE compared to the last pictures I posted (I feel like it anyway).

I went to the OB yesterday because I have been having horrendous pubic pain (sorry if that is T.M.I. for some of you) and also had a regular check-up scheduled. I was told, after describing my pain at a previous appointment, that I possibly had something called "symphysis pubic dysfunction" which basically means that as my hips and pubic bones began widening and separating for baby's arrival, my pubic bones misaligned. Yes, that's right: I have been diagnosed with a crooked crotch as my mom teased. But seriously, I was really worried about this because I read that the pain doesn't go away after delivery for many women and that sometimes pretty extensive medical care is required to get the bones realigned and pain-free again. Anyhow, at my appointment yesterday my OB did a couple more quick tests to determine whether or not I definitely had the condition and decided otherwise, thank goodness. (So there, Mom! Haha.) But then, why on earth am I in so much pain?? (Quick specifics: I cannot climb stairs, pick Dean up from floor level, roll over in bed or even stand from sitting without nearly jumping out of my skin from the pain.) Well, upon further examination, a pelvic examination to be more blunt (gotta love those), the good Doc informed me that my baby boy's little head is lodged abnormally low, really abnormally low apparently, into my pelvis. Um, OUCH!

The good news: Because of this, I am already well effaced and dilated to 2cm with a little over 4 weeks left until our due date.
The bad news: Because it is little man's head, there is no quick fix. I just have to wait until I deliver.

Fortunately for me, my OB is a merciful man and prescribed me some vicoden to help ease the pain and assured me that in about two weeks he will begin stripping membranes if necessary to get things (and by "things", I mean baby) moving along quicker. until then, I guess I will just have to continue waddling around with a little head (doesn't feel so little, trust me) practically hanging out of my you-know-what! Comfy! Oh well, I can't wait to meet the cute little guy who has been causing me so much agony. 31 days left (if I make it that far)!

6 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Thanks for the update. I bet you don't make it more than 2 weeks, especially if you are already effacing - that's the important part! Sorry his head is so low, I can sympathize being that I carry my babies reallllly low, but can't empathize because it sounds like Eli is EXTREMELY low. Hoping the vicoden works for you and that little guy will be here before you know it! Oh and I'm so jealous you are getting CS3!! Marshall has talked about getting the student edition before he graduates since you can get the student edition so much cheaper.

Dave & Chels said...

So...this means you guys are not making it to Austin on the 17th? No, I'm kidding. We are going to be there for such a short time, we wouldn't get to see much of you guys anyways.
Steph, why does bad luck always seem to find you?? It's incredible! On the bright side, at least the pain will onley be for 4 more weeks, (if that) and not a permanant thing!

The Bluths said...

So I totally know what you are going through. I had that same thing the last 2 months of my last pregnancy (and am already getting it now!). I found that sleeping in a recliner helped at night because I couldn't sleep in a bed anymore without that pain. It does go away, but seems like it came early this pregnancy. My doctor just said something about gravity and "good luck with that". Nothing you can really do. Darn

the pommers said...

Steph, I know how your feeling. Ethan was down that low for 5 weeks and I was effaced and at a 2 for the same length of time! Just remember that baby will come when He's ready!

The Bluths said...

Where are those prego pictures? :)

Anonymous said...

So,I went to the doctor yesterday told her to check me because I've been feeling pressure, I'm dialated about a fingertip, almost to a centimeter and I still have 37 days left. She said she could feel her head, guess the second time around is alot easier. I guess the 2 mile walk/hike in the woods hunting last weekend must have had something to do with it! I have belly pics up on myspace. You need to add some more Love you!