How fun is this?! Perhaps some parents out there would caution their children to stay out of the path of an exploding hydrant. But no, not me! I was like, "hey cool, you guys! Hurry up and play in the water before someone comes to fix it!"
And since nobody was injured, we'll log that one away in the "successful parenting moments" category. Ha! (Though I will confess that the pressure of the water was more powerful than Eli had bargained for at one point and he went a-flying. But he brushed it off, so all is well that ends well.)
Anyhow, this really was so much fun to watch them have such a blast. The water truck even came by at one point to fix it, but when he saw how much fun the kids were having he told me he'd check the other hydrants and come back. He was gone for another thirty minutes - thirty minutes of pure JOY if you ask these little cuties.
I love happy days with happy kiddos!
(And for the record, no they didn't actually cause this. I guess the neighborhood does this every couple months just to make sure everything is clean and clear. Fun for us. I should've asked for a schedule.)




















2 comments:
I have fun memories of playing in the hydrants in our neighborhood. No harm done! Your kids are getting so big! Doesn't it just fly by? I would move back to the northwest in a heart beat by the way. I miss it terribly!
I would have been out there with them, that seems like so much fun.
Post a Comment