8.27.2012

{first day of first grade - Dean}

Oh my, this little guy is so handsome that I can hardly stand it!

His school is under a block away and we enjoy riding our bikes together there and back each day. Since school starts so early in the morning at his new elementary school, I sometimes get to ride him to school while Daddy stays home with Eli and Ava. It is only a two minute bike ride, but I often catch myself thinking that these moments are the ones I'll miss so much when he's all grown up. I love our little rides together, no matter how brief. It's a special little start to each day and I cherish those two minutes so much!

(sigh)

How can it be so wonderfully rewarding and somehow still so painfully sad to watch these little ones grow up? Oh, parenting... I wouldn't trade it for anything in all the world!

I love you, Deano!






No comments: