Number 1: I started working from home in July for a local company, which is great, but uses up a bit of the "free time" I once enjoyed.
Number 2: Dean started kindergarten in August and Eli started preschool in September. This seems like it would make like easier, but then I went and volunteered to be Room-Mom for both classes, which are at two different schools. So, these gigs use up a bit more of what I used to consider my "free time".
Number 3: I was called to be the Stake Director of Public Affairs at church in October which is also great, but uses up any and ALL of my remaining "free time" after the work and school stuff. This new change in my life is definitely the most time-consuming but I do love it and I love working so closely with my Stake President - he is a very wonderful man!
Needless to say, something I have learned in the past 6 months is that time is NEVER "free"! And I certainly wish I had more of it. Something else I have learned is to be willing to say "no" to others. I have been asked to be the chairperson of Hearing and Vision Testing for our distrist, which I declined. It requires coordinating certifications and training as well as attending all the testing days at each school. If you know anything about Texas, you know there are a LOT of schools! No thanks! I was also asked to be the room-mom coordinator at my Dean's current elementary school, to which I also replied, "thanks, but no thanks." This one was an easier "out" because we are moving and he will be at a different school in the district next year. Phew!
Number 4: If you've been reading along, you've probably guessed it. We have decided to move. We were waiting until late spring or even late this summer to do so in order to let Dean finish school where he's at (thankfully, they are letting him do that anyway). However, we went and looked at a foreclosure a week before Christmas and made an offer just two days later. We dove in earlier than expected because the deal is too great to pass up. The home is just shy of 4,000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, on a cul de sac, three-car detached garage, with a swimming pool. Yes please! Even better, because it's a foreclosure it is marked 100k below market value (more on this in an upcoming post). I will also post pictures soon. We close no later than next week. (It was actually supposed to be today, but our title company is awful - you gotta love dealing with foreclosures!) It will all be worth it.
2 comments:
Yay for more blogging!!! Can't wait to see some pics of your new house!!! Let us know when you guys get settled so we can hang out.
I cannot wait to see the pics!!! HURRY PLEASE!?!?!?
Post a Comment