1.04.2011

{Happy New Year!}


I can't believe another year has gone by. I probably say that every year, but it truly does just fly by.

As for us, we spent another beautiful stay at Canyon Lake for the New Year weekend. It was peaceful and refreshing, and surprisingly for Texas, a little cold. Not to mention, we were in good company.

There's not much more to say than that other than this: do not be deceived by the peaceful-seeming geese at the end of this post. They were fine in the water but when we went the next day to feed them again, we encountered them on land. The male head-honcho goose was a bit territorial and kept attacking us - literally. He was tugging and pecking - while loudly honking - at Grandpa's shoe laces and pants. He even tugged on Eli once. Not cool, Goose! (Actually, if you know me at all, you know that I was laughing hysterically at the whole sight. And so was Charlyn. It was good fun!)

I hope everyone had a wonderful year with big plans for the next!

No comments: