10.24.2010

{mi casa es su casa}

I saw on a website a couple years ago the idea of saving a painting of each home you ever live in as a family and thought it was so sweet. How fun to see the progression your family has taken over the course of a lifetime - and to be able to cherish each house your made home like that is right up my alley. Too bad I can't paint. I always have big plans of making our home's curb appeal more "spectacular" in some way before photographing it but then I always think that if I wait until I have time to do that, I may miss my chance to photograph the house at all. Besides, where would I start?

I want to paint the trim but don't think I can get away with it with our HOA. I am still contemplating writing a letter to ask permission. Until then it is a bit plain in color, but still simple and just right for us. I always catch myself thinking "I should plant flowers in the front yard" or "perhaps another set of shutters would look nice" but the truth is that I'm quite fond of our quaint little place either way, so until I have time to spruce up the curb appeal, this will do just fine. And instead of finding a professional artist to do the rendering, I will probably put my photoshop or illustrator talents to use.

On another note, Dev and I just braved stucco a couple weekends ago. We wanted to create a base for the awesome fireplace we scored for next-to-nothing at the after summer sale at Target two years ago. We still need to add another final fill layer, but I love the way it turned out and the weather has been great for a nice fire in the evenings.

No comments: